e-belarus.org logo

Order E-Belarus News:

Search E-Belarus.ORG:


Belarus Mobile Users, April 01, 2010 Belarus Mobile Users, April 01, 2010

Telekom Austria acquires remaining 30% stake in Velcom


According to TeleGeography Telekom Austria has announced that it has agreed a deal to acquire the remaining 30% of SB Telecom, the sole owner of Belarusian mobile operator Velcom.

The Austrian telco snapped up a 70% stake in SB Telecom in October 2007, and yesterday the companies exercised a put option for the remaining 30%. The purchase price for the stake amounts to EUR335 million (USD459 million). According to TeleGeography's GlobalComms Database, Velcom is the second largest cellco in Belarus, claiming a 40.1% share of the subscriber market at the end of June 2010.

Useful links:


Bookmark and Share

This information may be reproduced provided that E-Belarus.org is given as the source.

E-Belarus.ORG, 2001-2011